Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Snowy Day

Days like today bring to mind memories of snowy days past. I remember playing in the snow with my family on days like today, and shoveling snow with them on a day like today but I also remember coming inside after playing on a snowy day and having hot chocolate and curling up by my mom while she read me a story and also doing the same with my own children. I cherish these memories! I hope you are making memories like this with your children, playing outside with them, and then inside for a shared time of a game, hot chocolate with a cookie and then reading a book together. As you make these memories I encourage you to keep them smoke free memories. Almost half of children in the United States are exposed to secondhand smoke every week with another 25% are exposed to smoke in their homes. If you are still smoking remember that you can still protect your children from most of the effects of second hand smoke by not smoking in the car or your home and not allowing others to smoke there either! If you aren't quite ready to quit smoking you can still do all that is possible to protect your children and if you have quit you can do many things that will protect your children from the effects of second hand smoke by making it a rule for others not to smoke near them. You can make memories that are smoke free memories.

No comments: